Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Guide Dogs Day

Many people think that a guide dogs day is all work.

That is possibly because they might see us in harness, but when we are not in harness we just become another dog.

Well just in case you are wondering here is my typical day:

7am I am up and about. Do my morning stretches and go to the bathroom.

7:30am I have my breakfast and often go into the yard to lay in the sun while it is cool.

9:30 I might have a game of tug rope.

10:00 Put on my harness and lead William the couple of miles to work, or if it is hot lead him onto the bus to ride to work.

10:45 We usually arrive at William's office and I get a chance to relieve again.

11:00  Get a drink of water before going under William's desk to sleep.

3:00 PM  I usually wake and go for a relieve break. Sniff around, say hello to friends.

3:15 Back under the desk for more snoozing.

7:30 pm Harness up again to walk or ride home.

8:15  Have dinner.

9:00 PM play with my toys. Chew on my nylabone chews, go-nut stick or wrestle William.

10:00 PM Late Reliving time and go to bed ready for tomorrow.

This would be my typical work day. As you can see there is a lot of downtime for me.

Some days I may not work at all, week-ends I might work only a few minutes like when William wants to go to the movies.

So a guide dogs life is not all work. we get to have lots of fun time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment